Washing Your Hands – Let’s Keep it Simple
Washing your hands is something we should all do not only after using the restroom, but throughout the day. It’s the best way to help prevent the spread of germs. Clean hands will help you avoid getting sick and will help prevent you from spreading germs to others. Soap and clean, running water will help prevent the spread of diseases and other conditions. Below are steps to washing your hands properly.
When to wash your hands
Below are the times you should wash your hands according to the Centers of Disease Control (CDC). Washing your hands during these times is the best way to avoid getting sick.
- Before, during, and after preparing food
- Before eating food
- After using the toilet
- After changing diapers or cleaning up a child who has used the toilet
- Before and after caring for someone who is sick
- After blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing
- After touching an animal or animal waste
- After touching garbage
- Before and after treating a cut or wound
How to wash your hands
Believe it or not, some people set out to wash their hands, but don’t do it properly. We provide 5 simple steps that will help you ensure you are washing your hands properly.
- Use running, clean water to wet your hands and start applying soap.
- Rub your hands together to create a lather. Scrub them well, making sure to wash the back of your hands, between your fingers and underneath your fingernails.
- Rub your hands with soap for at least 20 seconds.
- Rinse your hands well with clean, running water.
- Dry each of your hands with a clean towel or simply air dry.
If you do not have access to running water and soap, an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol is acceptable. However, do not rely on hand sanitizer to clean visibly dirty hands. To use hand sanitizer simply apply a small amount into the palm of your hand. Rub your hands together thoroughly until each of your hands are dry.
Contact WellBeing Hygiene to set up an initial consultation or for general inquiries about our services or products.